Thursday, September 13, 2007

Triathlon at Pacific Grove

We did it! We all finished the triahlon! What an awesome experience! I would NEVER describe it as fun, because it is A LOT of work. There were time on the bike where I was talking myself into finishing because my legs hurt so bad! But we did it! In 4 1/2 hours no less. I thought it would take me 5+ hours. Brittany and I stayed together the entire time. The company was great. We kept talking each other through each event. It was crazy in transitions though, after swimming for 1 mile, when I get out of the water, I was so dizzy. Then after biking for 26.2 miles, my legs hurt so bad I could hardly walk, let alone run 6 miles. BUT it was WELL worth it and I can't wait to do another one! Although, I have NO clue why anyone would ever do an iron man! That's insane! Thank you for all your love and support!!

6 comments:

cameron said...

CONGRATULATIONS! WHAT A JOURNEY AND WHAT A NEAT AND WELL-MEANING (NEW WORD) EXPERIENCE. I'M SO PROUD OF YOU!

all my love

Gleason Family said...

Oh my goodness. WE MISS YOU GUYS ALREADY TOO! Can you come back? Please? :) Loved the pics from the Triathlon. soooo awesome. I still can't believe you did that. Let's talk this weekend or something. Love ya mucho!

Nicole said...

Congratulations!! I can't believe you did that!! It is amazing. You should be so proud of yourself! Hope you are doing well in your new adventure.
Love,
Nicole

Anonymous said...

YOU GO GIRL! What a fantastic accomplishment!

California misses you already!

Gwen Ashby said...

Great job! You did it! Congratulations!

Camille Larie said...

Melissa i admire you in so many ways and i'm so proud of you! congratulations on all your triathlons so far! you rock my socks :)