Monday, March 3, 2008

A*S*S*



So Autumn is learning to read and sounding out words. Yesterday on our trip back to Utah I heard her saying a s. A S. Sounding out this word that was sounding a lot like a foreign language. So I turned around to see what she was reading and it was a flashcard and she innocently says, "Mom, does this spell ASS?" I responded as maturely as possible by saying, "That was close, but in that word the S make a Z sound so the word is AS." Then I turned around and Brandon and I chuckled about it. I never realized how retarded our language really is!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

that's funny! i'm going thru the same thing with Mckenna. she tells me some words just don't make sense. we just have to memorize words, and not always sound them out. fun times!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.