Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Drake's Birthday





Sorry these are posted a little late--camera was giving me attitude...
For Drake's Birthday Brandon and I got up early and went to the Temple. That is a goal we have made to go on his Birthday every year. Then we met up with Camille and Tim and the kiddos and my BFF Debi and her kids and my other BFF's kids (and so on...)at the Dallas Zoo. Later that day we let go of 2 white balloons at 6:30 after we sang Happy Birthday. 6:30 pm is the time he went back to Heaven. The kids chased the balloons for as long as they could and when we can't see them anymore we are hoping that is when Drake got them. Afterwards we went into the house and ate our Angel Food Cake. At the foot of my bed is my trunk of things that help us remember Drake and the kids got there Drake bunny and Drake bear and we all sat on our bed and went through the trunk. We had a great day and what made it better was taking the moment to recognize Easter which was only 2 days later and being able to focus on the ressurection. We had a wonderful day and we are so happy we get to celebrate our little Drake's perfect and wonderful but WAY too short life here on Earth. These traditions keep him alive for us!

4 comments:

T.M. said...

Last year our good friends lost their little 3 year old when she was hit by a car. For her birthday they had a celebration where everyone sent up balloons to her. A month later when Brooke and I were at a store Brooke looked up to me and said in her most excited voice. "Mom do you remember when we sent Holly up the balloons? She went to Heavenly Father and said Look!!! All of these Balloons are for Me!!!" I wish I had her voice on recording to express her excitment. So I am sure Drake got his balloons and showed Heavenly Father them too!

Carrie and Jeff said...

I love your traditions. What a great way to help the kids remember Drake.

Gibson Family said...

I love your tradition of sending Drake balloons that is very sweet. Happy Birthday Drake

Rachael said...

So precious!