Thursday, August 27, 2009

Oh Sweet Jaxon



My life just wouldn't be MY life without my Jaxon. He brings so many smiles and laughs to this little family of ours. However, lately, we have hit a "phase". NOT FUN! I was really glad for school to start for a break from him. ANYWAY, he comes home from school telling me how mean his teacher is and that she yells the whole time (I happen to NOT be impressed with her either--first impression, not good). So, do I keep him in there to see if he gets used to the rules and adjusts with the threat of him HATING school, or do I pull him out and teach him myslef all the PreK things he needs to learn and the expense of having to handle his "phase" ALL the time?? What would you do?
Here are specific examples he has given me about the teacher:
1. She told me she had to remind him to keep his hands to himself and he yold her "fine, I won't come to your school!" and he told me she just kept yelling at him. and that she was the meanest. (well at least there is somone out there meaner than me, right?)
2. He told me after school today, rather proudly, I might add, that he was the only one who still had his puppets because the teacher did not throw HIS away. I thought, yay, that means Jax was playing nicely with his puppets. Boy, was I wrong. He told me he still had his because when he saw she was throwing them away because the kids were being too loud he didn't think it was fair she threw his away because he was not being loud so he HID his in his backpack. ::::::::SIGH:::::::

Oh, what would my life be like without my boy? i really just LOVE him and his smile melts ALL madness away! BUT WOW, we have some work to do!





PRETTY COOL PUPPET, HUH? I DON'T BLAME HIM FOR NOT WANTING TO GIVE IT UP. DO I GIVE IT TO HIM OR SAVE IT FOR THE SCRAPBOOK??

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

oh dear sweet Jaxon you melt every mom's heart! I am so glad he hid his puppet and I say if Jaxon says he hates school don't leave him in it since prek doesn't count.

Joseph and Mary + Seven said...

I agree with Camille. I would take him out so school isn't a bad experience for him. If he hates it already it's going to be a long 14 years till graduation! How sad for him. School is supposed to be fun at that age!

Ady Hahn said...

I would try to find another teacher or school. I'm sure you could use the free time and he will benefit from the structured environment so that kindergarten isn't as stressful.

Kids are so funny! Preston was talking about Jaxon today. He asked me if I remembered when Jaxon popped his balloon (which I didn't) and asked me to make sure Jaxon was nicer. Than he said he wanted to go visit Jaxon in TX. We sure miss y'all!