Sunday, December 6, 2009

The other day


Jaxon was asking me about Drake being resurrected. He asked if Drake was going to be in my tummy again so he could come alive again. I responded to him by telling him that no, Drake would not be in my tummy again. Then he said, "well then who's going to catch him?" And I was surprised by his question and asked him why someone would need to catch him and he said because isn't he going to fall from heaven if he's not going to come from your tummy? Hmm good question. So I tried to explain to him that Drake's spirit is going to find his body that is in the grave and then he will come alive again. OK, really, how do you teach your 4 year old about something like that? He looked even more confused! I should have just told him that Brandon was going to catch him from falling from the sky. Now he is going to have nightmares of people coming alive and digging their way out of the graves. Eeeek, that does sound scary. I did tell him that we are not exactly sure how it's going to work, but Heavenly Father knew and there was nothing to worry about. Good question Jaxon!

2 comments:

Carrie and Jeff said...

That is a very thoughtful question for a 4 year old. What a cutie.

Seth said...

Hi Malissa,
I had one of my children ask the same thing. I just explained that Spencer wouldn't be in my tummy again because he already had a body, and when the resurrection happened his Spirit and his body would be together again. Of course, they didn't ask about him falling from Heaven, so that made it a bit easier :) I did have one of them ask if we would get Spencer back when Jesus was done holding him. Moments that fill you with awe and break your heart at the same time.
~Melissa