The last two times Texas saw snow close to this was in 1917 and 1964. But that was only 9.4 inches! How much snow did we get in 2010? More than 11 inches! And we have ENJOYED 4 1/2 days off! Thursday the kids got out early because the snow kept coming down and we trekked (and believe me when I say trek! I almost turned around because of the roads several times but was persuaded to do otherwise....and we are glad we made it!) to my BFF's house so the kids could build snowmen and have snowball fights till their hearts content! Friday, school closed, then Saturday and Sunday of course, and Monday is President's Day. Today, Sunday, the snow is mostly melted but I think the kids enjoyed it to the max! They have played outside in the snow more in the last few days then they have all winter! And we have had a lot of hot cocoa and snuggles to get warm again. A little taste of snow is perfect for me, glad we don't have to live in this all winter! This is the kind of snow we LOVE!
2 comments:
Anonymous
said...
I love your snowman!! These past few days have been the best haven't they?! I am so glad you made the trek over to play! The kids sure love the snow!
2 comments:
I love your snowman!! These past few days have been the best haven't they?! I am so glad you made the trek over to play! The kids sure love the snow!
that is nuts!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! we are having a mild one... thank goodness....
Post a Comment