Day 1-Natural Science Museum. Most interesting was the gem showcase. After awhile I was thinking, "How many shells do we really need to see..." However, Autumn loved it, of course! Then we went to go swimming and found out the pool was closed for maintenance the whole week which equals an upgrade to their other hotel WITH the pool, better room and a free movie....Then the kids went swimming once we were all settled into our new place.
Day 2-Houston Space Center. If you ever go with young kids, skip the tram tour. The kids were so bored! BUT they had so much fun with all the interactive kid stuff at the Space Center. I wouldn't mind going back with just Brandon and I to enjoy the "grownup" stuff at the Space Center. Then we headed to Galveston Island to go to the beach. I had very low expectations because of what people had told us about Galveston and I was pleasantly surprised. The kids had a lot of fun. The water was warm and you could go out pretty far. Brinnley loved collecting all the seaweed in her bucket and of course they loved feeding the seagulls!
Day 3-We went to the zoo first thing in the morning and good thing because it was HOT! What can I say, a zoo is a zoo......After the zoo we headed back to the hotel for a MUCH needed nap! We all crashed and did not wake up until 4! The kids got their suits on and went swimming before we headed to the Rainforest Cafe for a fun special dinner. They loved it! After dinner we headed to the Houston Aquarium which was the highlight for me. And Autumn too! There was a merry go round and a few other rides that the kids loved riding on and a train tour that took us through the shark tank. They loved feeling the sting rays and even some little sharks! We were at the Aquarium until it closed at 10 having a fabulous time!
Day 4-Time to clean up and check out of the hotel and then we headed to our last stop--the Children's Museum (by now my camera batteries are dead...) It was pretty cool for the kids, and a little noisy to Brandon and I. Luckily, the kids wanted to only be there for about 3 hours because we were so ready to head home which we did. We arrived home around 5ish, ate dinner, and some of us napped and some of us went to sleep for the night! All in all it was a pretty good trip. VERY busy and VERY exhausting! Thank you JACK FM for the Houston City Pass! Totally appreciate it! (PS these pics are in NO significant order, sorry for the unorganization of the pics...)
2 comments:
What a fun fun vacation! Looks like you guys had a great time. I love Brinnley's little "oooh" face on the ride. Soooo cute! Love ya!!!!
Vacations are the best. We need one. Glad you guys had a good time.
Post a Comment