Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Sweet Addie Pearl


(pics stolen from facebook)
I got the worst phone call an Auntie could ever possibly get today. Addie fell out of a window and is in the ER with possibly major head trauma. Every minute waiting by the phone for more updates felt like an eternity. I instantly grabbed your cousins, Autumn, Jaxon and Brinnley and we prayed for you. And we cried for you. And the kids asked me a lot of questions about you. Another call saying you are in a medically induced coma. And another call saying your precious little face is fractured and there is swelling and bleeding on your brain. I called the Sacramento Temple, the Oakland Temple (closed) and Dallas Temple to put your name on the prayer roll. They will keep your name there for 2 weeks. That's a lot of prayers. That will become a lot of miracles! There are all ready SO many people who love you and your darling family so much who are praying for you and we have all ready seen so many miracles. After a time of 4 hours the last phone call was great news. You are responsive to your mom, there is no swelling on your brain, the bleeding is behind your left eye and should drain itslef. It is not on the brain. Your forhead is fractured and last we heard your cheek may be crushed and need surgery. Your eyes are dilated evenly which should rule out any brain damage. You are sedated for pain and observation and will be for the next 6 hours while in the NICU. Then you will be moved to a regular room. All of that news is a miracle our sweet Addie. Falling out of a window 2 stories and landing on cement, the thought makes me cringe and sick to my stomach. I am sure our guardian angels were with you and I hope my sweet Drake was near you to help protect you.
The miracles that come with the priesthood are amazing and we are seeing them in action now. I am so grateful you are going to be ok and I am so grateful your Dad and Grandpa Kriser were able to give you a blessing. Grandpa told me after the blessing he was confident you were going to be ok.
Addie so many people love you and love your family. You are such a sweet precious child with a contagious smile and laugh. You are the pearl in your family for sure! And I know Averi and Jared love you dearly too! We will continue praying for you and for your speedy recovery! Love you dearest!
Love, Aunt Melissa


(pic stolen from facebook)

3 comments:

Jessica said...

i am glad she is ok. She will defiantely be in my prayeres for a quick recovery!

Stacy said...

oh my goodness this made my stomach twist and turn! i can't even imagine what jessica experienced! (and is still experiencing!)

prayers going her way.

Angel said...

Oh my gosh! I'll pray for her and put her on the prayer roll. I am going to the temple today.