Dearest Maxwell,
My oh my how the time flies! I can not believe you are all ready one month old! We had a doctor's appointment today. You only weigh 6lbs 3oz. You gained only 1 oz in 2 weeks! That is not good! The doctor took blood to run tests on your kidney and liver to make sure they are functioning correctly. And next week we will go to Children's in Dallas to have your GI checked out. Auntie Noel said we need to make sure you do not have plyoric scorosis like you cousin Hudson had. (I know I spelled that very wrong) So I am going to have Dr. Ali check for that too. In the mean time I am going to supplement some formula and hopefully we will find one you can keep down. And I am taking vitamins and herbs to hopefully fatten up my milk so you can fatten up. Your nickname is peanut.
I am so in love with you. I can not imagine my life without you! I love the way you smell, the way you cry. I love the way you need me. You are so sweet and you have such a strong spirit. I know this is so sad to say but I think it is because of previous experiences with Drake--but sometimes when I look at you, I get this feeling you are not going to be with us for long. I am sure this is just a crazy thought in my head because when I look at you I think of Drake. I miss him so much. But I am so grateful to have you! You are so perfect. And I hope we can get your tummy problems resolved very soon so you can be more comfortable. I love you more than words can say my little peanut!
Love Mommy
3 comments:
So I've been reading your blog for ages but never commented because I am not sure you know who I am. I grew up in Folsom, am friends with Tabitha and spent several years in your parents' ward. I found your blog through another friend's blog and just kept reading :)
Congrats on Maxwell, he is a cutie! Our newest little Peanut had health problems, too, and we spent months trying to figure out why he wouldn't gain weight. It was definitely a rough time. Stressful because we didn't know what was wrong with the baby and because it seemed that my milk wasn't enough for him. They had me supplement in such a way that he was getting extra calories (since breastmilk and formula have the same amount of calories per oz). So I pumped everyday to build up my milk supply and ate Fenugreek capsules like they were candy, all in an effort to add just a few ounces to my son's tiny frame.
When he was about 2.5 months old they finally figured it out--he had Laryngomalacia; a floppy larynx that covered his airway with every breath in, making it extremely difficult to breathe and forcing him to spend nearly all his calories working too hard to breathe. It was surgically fixed when he was 3 months old and he has been a different baby ever since (he's 7 months old now). He also has a kidney problem, but that wasn't affecting his weight.
I'll say a prayer for Maxwell and his doctors, that they will find the problem and be able to fix it. If you ever need someone to talk to who knows what it's like to have a little peanut, I'm here!
~Amanda
ladayley (at) gmail (dot) com
Prayers and hugs being sent your way! I hope the figure everything out very soon. Love you guys!
Maxwell is the cutest little "peanut" I've ever seen! He is so so cute.
Porter had troubles gaining weight at first also, I ended up having to supplement completely. I know how stressful it is when you don't know- I hope the doctors figure out how to help him soon and that it will be something minor and insignificant.
Love you guys!
Post a Comment