Thursday, March 31, 2011

You would have thought

that I was an inexperienced Mom if you met me in the Costco bathroom today!  We had to get new tires.  And Maxwell had a blowout.  Only his second.  And I didn't have an extra outfit in the diaper bag because I had recently used it to wipe up spit up because I didn't have a burp cloth in my diaper bag.  AND, I had just used the wipes on Brinnley in the car right before we got out and when I threw them back in the diaper bag, I missed.  There were no wipes.  Thank goodness I had a diaper!  So there I am in the bathroom with a naked baby who is screaming his head off and I am running back and forth beteeen the changing table and the sink getting wet paper towels and of course this is the moment Max pees all over himself, not once, but TWICE!  There was a woman who noticed this predicament I was in and helped me get wet paper towels and she helped stop the pee from going all over the place.  Yes, a stranger grabbed my sons penis to stop the pee.  And I was grateful!  After awhile the mess was cleaned up and the baby was dressed only in a diaper.  I threw the outfit away with the pile of paper towels.  I handed Max to Brandon who was just outside the bathroom and he wrapped him up in a blanket.  I went back to the changing table and cleaned up all the pee and poop I had gotten all over and voila, mission accomplished.  Except having a naked baby.  We went to the clothes, picked out an outfit, bought it and put it on him right there in Costco.  The elderly woman standing next to us was glaring.  I think she thought we were stealing.  All well.  If only she knew.  So Maxwell got a cute new outfit out of the ordeal.  If he really wanted a cute outfit, all he had to do was ask!  He didn't have to explode!  And thank you to that nice sweet woman who saw a mother in need!  And thank you to the tire guys who actually finished the job in less time than they quoted.  That's a first!  Happy Day!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

hahahahaha Enough said! Love you and that sweet boy!

Whitney said...

I have totally been there and have even had to buy a new outfit. I actually got one of those for our new baby too while I was there! So cute!! You have to love the timing of those wonderful blowouts!!

Anonymous said...

Not too many dull moments in motherhood! Good job.

Noel said...

Ahhh it's happens to only the bestest mommies! Hilarious! And to the old lady, "BOO on you!!" Love you sis!

Ady Hahn said...

Sorry, I couldn't help lol'ing. I can remember times like that when you just want to cry, but then it makes for a great story afterwards. I love kids!