Tuesday, October 25, 2011

San Antonio





Thank you to my amazing friends, Brandon and I were able to go on a much needed and wanted weekend away. We went to San Anotnio. I've been wanting to go there with him since we went to Time Out for Women. We had the best time! We stayed at a hotel on the Riverwalk and I would say for the most part we stayed right near there. We found an amazing ice-cream shoppe there called Mr. Ice-cream. Mmmmm. My mouth is watering now. We ate there twice. We enjoyed a tour of San Anotnio by bus where you could get on and off at your own desire. We went to the Alamo of course and many of the other missions around. The history is fascinating. We are now officially Texans because we did the tour and lean red everything we needed to about Texas. We watched a movie called The Alamo at the IMAX. That was fun. We also met up with our dear friends the Tophams, who just moved there from here. We enjoyed dinner on the river walk a a boat ride on the river. The lights and ambience are amazing!! We want to go back to see all the Christmas lights on the river. I think the kiddos will love that. Anyway, we had the most enjoyable time! We had 3 days and 2 nights and we took advantage of sleeping in and staying up late. And we even took a dip in the pool and hot tub. Thank you Debi and Suzanne for letting us go and making us go!!

2 comments:

Bkloss said...

YAY another blogger!!! :D AND one that I actually know IN PERSON.

Love the photos of SA - never been there. AND I CAN'T BELIEVE HOW GROWN UP YOUR KIDS ARE! MY GOODNESS!

Gleason Family said...

What awesome friends you have! Glad you and Brandon were able to get away! Looks like fun! Miss you!!!!