Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Time Out for Women

The Desoto group

Amazing women in my life!

BFF's

Us with Mercy River
Every woman needs a time out!  And mine was even longer than expected!  Brandon took all the kids to El Paso with Brandon's parents for a nephews baptism.  They left Thursday and did not come home until Sunday.  So what did I do ALL day Thursday at home with NO car?  Painted, grouted, and caulked galore and it was SO fun!!  Just me and Pandora! Friday me and some of the ladies went and got pedis, had dinner and went to session 1 of time out.  Then a night of hanging out with the girls in the hotel and then Saturday we had session 2 of Time Out and it was AMAZING!  After TOFW, I was privelaged to go to a Collin Raye and Sara Evans concert with my besties.  I will admit, I was EXTREMELY exhausted but I knew the next day was Sunday without kids.  I can't even remember when or IF I've ever had that much time away by myself with no kids.  I definitely missed the family and was very ready for them to return home Sunday evening--after my NAP of course.
One thing I got out of TOFW was this:  The theme was Seek the Good.  But in order to Seek the Good we must SEE the good, in ourselves, our lives and in those around us.  It was an amazing weekend!    
At the concert

Sara Evans

The crew at dinner after the concert

No comments: