Wednesday, April 10, 2013

6 Years Later








The Payne cousins, visiting our precious Drake.

Grandma and Grandpa Kriser and Aunt Jessica and family do me the greatest service by watching over Drake's resting place.
We carry on our tradition for celebrating my sweet boy.  Brandon and I were able to go to the temple in the morning and do sealings.  We had angel food cake after dinner and wrote messages on 6 balloons and released them at 6:30.  The time of his passing. 
So how has my life changed since Drake was born?
Perspective. When my family is all sitting around having a good time wrestling, play a game, or whatever it might be, I take a picture in my memory and I put it in there for good.  I enjoy the little things.  I imagine how our family would be with Drake.  This year he would have started kindergarten.  And he would be Brinnley's little partner in crime I am sure.  I've had 3 kids since Drake.  And I never thought I would be able to let myself love and be vulnerable after losing Drake, but just the opposite.  I couldn't imagine my life without my Princess Brinnley, sweet Maxwell and the most amazing little Hadley Hope.  I hope I am a better human and better mother since Drake. I feel him near sometimes, watching over us, and I am so grateful to know he's our Guardian Angel.
Happy Birthday my sweet son!

No comments: