Thursday, September 18, 2008

On the Road to Recovery

Melissa Bowers chased after her boy
Melissa Bowers had a great fall
All of the Doctor's
And All of the Nurses
Did put Melissa's foot (and leg) back together again!
Hooray!

(sorry it doesn't rhyme, but I have been thinking of Humpty A LOT lately! And I am relatin!)
So it happened! I saw the doctor Monday afternoon. One look at my foot and he knew I needed surgery asap! He took more xrays and you just won't believe what they saw!?! More broken bones and broken bones that were broken even more! On Saturday Autumn accidentally bumped my foot REALLY REALLY REALLY hard and I cried because it hurt really really really really really bad! After seeing the new xrays, we saw why it hurt so bad. She redislocated my ankle and shifted a bone and here and there. THAT is why I needed surgery asap! Because the dislocation could cut off circulation nx my foot would fall off. At the time, i was ok with that, as long as there would be no more pain. I have since come back to senses.....
So my 45 minute surgery took 2 1/2 hours. It started at 9:30pm Monday night and was finished around midnight and I was home at 5:30 pm on Tuesday. There are more plates and screws than we all anticipated but whatever it takes at this point! In 2 weeks, or maybe it was 4, I can't remember, I have to go to my dr.'s office to have a screw removed. And hopefully by Thanksgiving, I should have forgotten about all this (yea right). So I have a picture of what happens when I am taking 2 vicadin, 1 zoloft and 1 ambien with a broken leg and trying to simplify life...





Haircut By Brandon. Taking a bath with really long hair was more than I felt like dealing with. So with a combination of drugs and an unsound mind, I asked him to cut my ponytail off--and he did. What a good husband!!

PS I get my PINK cast in two weeks (or 4) I can't remember!! But yay!

8 comments:

Angel said...

I am so glad you got what was needed. Here's to a speedy recovery.

Cassie said...

Hope your recovery goes quicker than anticipated. I will be praying for you!!

Sarie said...

I don't check your blog for like a week and look what happens! Holy crap! I really really really hope you are feeling better. Oh the pain! Crazy.
Lots of love!
Sarah

Stacy said...

Melissa! You poor dear! I can't imagine all you are going through and all while trying to be a mom too?? Hang in there girl! Wish I were closer to offer some "real" help... feel better.

Noel said...

Hey Liss, I cut Jeff's hair once after I had taken an ambien. Trust me it was good that it wasn't Brandon that was the ingester! Imagine what your hair would have looked like then.

Ellen said...

Wow, Melissa! I'm glad you are on the road to recovery. Did they say if this will affect your physical abilities later? I hope not. Hope you get feeling better fast! Your kids are so cute. I love Brinnley's hair.
Love,
The Paynes

cameron said...

AH!!!!! I CAN'T BELIVE YOU JUST CHOPPED IT - WORK IT!!!! So glad to hear you are on the ROAD TO RECOVERY....ABSOLUTELY NO FUN

Carrie and Jeff said...

I'm so sorry Mel. I wish you lived close so i could visit and help. I can't believe you had brandon chop your hair. You must have been pretty drugged up.