


I know many of you have just been WAITING to see what I write about my incident last Saturday. Well here it is:
Saturday 9/6 started out as a pleasant Saturday where we all went to the park to watch my SWEET SWEET Jaxon play in his very first T-ball game. He was the star of the show!! Every time ANYBODY hit the ball, HE ran to 1st base while holding his shorts up with one hand. It was too cute. Unfortunately Brandon had a meeting to attend at the same time so he could not make it. After his game we went with Aunt Debi, Ryan and Chris to go get donuts. Oh what a perfect morning it was. Now it was lunch time. Brandon had just arrived home from his meeting as I was settling the kids at the table. I had given Jaxon a juice box in which he had asked me to open for him. I was at the couch preparing to nurse Brinnley so he brought me the juice to the couch. Keep reading this is all relevant...
I put the straw in the juice for him. He got his mischevious Jaxon look in his eyes, looked at me and smiled that evil smile and began squeezing his juice--all over the carpet. I initially tried not to over react and asked hime to stop, but he just squeezed harder. So I got off the couch to grab him and send him down for nap as that is what I had threatened him if he didn't stop. The it all happened at once. He tried to run, but I grabbed him just in time and I was turning my body to pick him up to take him to his room. In his resistance, he dropped all his weight and I fell. My ankle gave out, POP and as I was falling to the florr at least 2 more POP POPs. And then death defying screaming came shooting from my throat and the worst pain I had EVER felt coming from my ankle and leg. I knew this was it. I had broken my ankle. After years of basketball injuries my ankle finally gave out on me. I was on the floor screamimng, Autumn was screaming, Jaxon was crying, and Brinnley was crying and Brandon was yelling trying to figure out what was happening. Complete chaos as you can only imagine. And if you know me well, you KNOW I have the lowest pain tolerance EVER (although all the recent accidents I have had has definitley helped strengthen it--a little)and I am a little on the dramatic side. There, I admitted it.
ME: Call 9-1-1!! Call Debi!! Call 9-1-1!!
BRANDON: Who do you want me to call?? Debi or 911??
ME: DEBI!!!
I was thinking of the kids. We needed Debi to come so Brandon could take me to the hospital. She made it to the house in record time, although it felt like an eternity. The kids were begging to help Brandon make me feel better (I am not screaming at this time, but oddly calm despite the desparate pain I was in).
OK, I will shorten the details a little.
Brandon gets me to the hospital. They were great. Got me right in. Took X-RAYS and shot me up with some morphine. Man that stuff was GREAT!!! Sure enough Broken ankle and broken leg a little below my shin. We were waiting to hear if I needed surgery on my ankle. Unfortuantely, it was a yes. Before we left the hospital the sweet caring gentle orthopedic surgeon (and his assistant) grabbed my ankle, twisted upright by pulling on my big toe (POP POP POP POP)and splinted it. Did I scream then, ummm, HECK YES and Brandon has the bruises on his arms from my death grip. I hope NONE of you ever have to go through that! He prescribed me some meds I couldn't take because I was nursing. I have only been on Tylenol Codiene since we left the hospital. LOTS of PAIN!! So I am home now. Surgery would have to wait until the swelling went down. And here I am 4 days and 9 hours later, 7 hours in a second ER, 2 phone batteries worth of phone calls trying to figure it all out and $12 to valet parking and still no surgery because of one word, INSURANCE. We are waiting and waiting and waiting to hear from a doctor that will do the surgery. My insurance ended August 31! Can you beleive it. I mean that story is a whole other blog entry for another day. I am still a little heated about it so it may not be good for me to write about it yet as I may not restrain myself from saying things I shouldn't. I should hear tomorrow from a dr. We will see. And hope. And pray. My mother in law is flying in tomorrow. Just Brinnley and I are a full time job for Brandon. He hasn't gotten ANY work done since this happened. And thank you to the most amazing women ever Debi and Suzanne, who have graciously taken my kids every day and picked them up from school, fed them, done EVERYTHING for them!!!! And our amazing ward who has provided lunches, dinners and house cleaning! I haven't even finished writing my thank you notes from having Brinnley!
So, we just ask you to pray that something will work out for us. And PLEASE join us in our cause to NOT blame Jaxon. He will never know this was because of him--until he's like 30 :0)
PS here are some of the thoughts going through my head whil lying on the floor waiting to go to the hospital:
"Is this REALLY happening?"
"OW, that hurts!"
"Hmm what's worse, this or a C-section, ow! Definitely this!"
"Oooo, if it's broken what color cast will I get?"
"OWWWWWWWWWWWWWW"
"Hot Pink!"
"Oh great, enrichment is on Tuesday, what am I going to do?"
"Oh great, I won't be able to excercise now, but only get fatter cuz I have to lay on the couch"
""OWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!"
"Oh man, I am not going to be ablt to coupon! What am I going to do?!"
"Oh great, my toes are so not cute right now, and I need a pedi desperatley!"
"Oh man, I hope I am still covered under insurance, all well we will cross that bridge when it comes"
"OWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!"
11 comments:
Oh my goodness! That is the worst story ever. You poor thing. I hope something gets worked out for you, and soon. Give that darling boy a hug from me.
I'm so sorry. I hope things get better soon. I wish I was close so I could help. I'll be there next weekend for a week. I'm very excited.
I CANNOT believe that happened in the midst of all of the things that you always have going on. I am so sorry. I will pray that something comes through with your insurance or something. You are such an optimist and great example for me!
Girl, you just aren't having the best of luck! First your horrible spinal headache and now this!!! You need an injury break for a long time. :) No more getting hurt!
Oh I am so sorry about your ancle. I hope things with your insurance will get better.
I am speechless...the description and photo did it...i'm officially queezy...sorry love...THOUGH I'M MORE SORRY THIS HAPPENED TO YOU... I WISH I COULD BE THERE TO HELP - MY JOB SHOULD GIVE ME FRIEND LEAVE... I'LLPRAY YOU RECOVER QUICKLY...
LOVES
Oh Liss, I am so sorry! That is terrible. I know everything will work out with the insurance, and will keep you in my prayers! Love you lots!
I am so sorry! Wish I could be there to help, but we will keep you in our prayers! Love you!
Christie told me about this a couple days ago. How awful. I hope you recover quickly and that you can find a dr. We miss you. I loved your thought about not being able to exercise. I would think the same thing.
yikes! Seeing the pictures makes it official. I'm soooo sad. :( Your poor leg. You're such a trooper though! Just hang in there! I wish I could be with you!!!! I love you!!! And ADORABLE picture of Jaxon playing baseball. :)
Holy cow! I can't believe that broke your leg! He will feel so bad when he's older! I hope surgery went well! good luck
Post a Comment