Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Carmel Apples




Tis the season of good ole Apple Hill (far away in California)... I am having MAJOR withdrawals. Traditionally we go about once a week when we lived in California. Those of you who have been there know what I am talking about! The BEST carmel apples in the world! Well, we decided to make some at home. When Autumn took her first bite into hers, she said' "Mom, these don't taste right." She must have remembered how delicious Apple Hill's carmel apples were. Didn't mean to disappoint her. When your hundreds of miles away, you just have to settle...Well, at least they had fun making them!

7 comments:

Stacy said...

Your carmel apple experience was better than mine, and we ALL miss Apple Hill.... sob.

Anonymous said...

mmmmm I'll have some of that! Tell Autumn you get what you get and you don't throw a fit! (she is the one who taught lori that!!)

Tiana said...

I miss apple hill so much!!! Especially their fresh pressed cider.

Deb said...

Hi Bowers! I'm so excited to have found this great blog! Yes, we too miss Apple Hill anything along with that fresh corn stand on Jackson highway. Oh, how could I forget the fresh strawberry stands! I don't miss the traffic though. We love you guys! wanderingwoodwards.blogspot.com

Gleason Family said...

Yummy! Those look so good! Landen was just excited about the sprinkles on them.... he wants to make them. :) Is the caramel recipe in "the book"? Let me know... :)

Carrie and Jeff said...

I love a good carmel apple. We made some last year...I think we gave one to you guys. They were good (I thought) but super pricey to make. We bought some really good chocolate and carmel at some baking store. I'll have to try the apples at that Apple Hill's place someday.

Rachel said...

Yummy! Sounds delicious!