


We decided to take the kids camping while Autumn was out of school We usually camp a lot but with having a brand new baby this summer and a broke foot and leg for 12 weeks, we just simply never made it out--until this weekend. We went to the local state park here called Cedar Hill State Park. There is a huge lake there and we went for a walk on the shore and it was muddy. BUT NOT like CA mud. This stuff just stuck and stuck and stuck to our shoes. Our shoes weighed 50 pounds each by the time we were done with that long walk. And my ankle was NOT liking it... Yea,do the park is only about 5 minutes away. But that was a GOOD thing because we Brinnley to bed 4 times and she woke up every time we laid her down in her bed--SO my wish was granted and I got the go ahead to take her home and we slept like queens in our nice warm cozy beds. This was her first camping trip and she was NOT a HAPPY CAMPER. She roasted a marshmallow and I ate it. She didn't like that. We had hotdogs for dinner with some chips, she had peas. She didn't like that either. She wanted to do what we were doing. Anyway, at 5:30am Brandon called me to tell me the kids were awake and I was going to go back and help with breakfast. At 6:30, he called again--OOPS!! I had fallen back asleep--for a whole hour!! And I had ALL the food in the van in the garage! I felt so bad. But we made it there, had a warm yummy breakfast and cleaned up camp while the kids poked at the fire. Doesn't take much to keep them entertained in the great outdoors.
1 comment:
I can't believe you're totally walking around! Even camping and hiking in mud and stuff! You're crazy! I love your camping story.... so funny about going home to sleep. (I would have too). At least Autumn and Jax had fun! Oh, and cute blanket I saw in the first pic. :)
Post a Comment