
My Dear Precious Drake,
Today marks your 2nd Birthday. Two years ago--I have been pondering that whole experience in my mind today and I just remember how close the spirit was for Daddy and I. And I am so very grateful to have had you in our lives and we greatly look forward to raising you someday! Your body is 2 but I know your spirit is much older. You have taught me many things all ready! Since your influence came to our family, we have tried so much harder to remind the other kids how important it is to live closely to Jesus so we can be with you again someday. The plan of salvation is so real and our gospel is so very true! I am so eternally grateful that we have the knowledge of the gospel in our family and that Daddy and I were sealed in the Oakland Temple almost 5 years ago and now we are eternal. Eternal! I feel a certain special bond with Brinnley knowing she was the last one in our family to be with you. I know you played with her and helped prepare her for our family. I often look into her eyes and see you and I feel so close to you that way.
Not a moment goes by when I am not thinking of you. You are the most influential person in my life because of the way you have influenced me and you are an amazing example to me. Last night we were watching a show on police show on tv and it was so evil and it reminded me how special and perfect you are and that your spirit is so strong and valiant that Heavenly FAther did not want you exposed to such evil in this world! How blessed you are and how blessed we are to know there is that sweet spirit doing missionary work in the heavens until the ressurection.
On Sunday it is Easter. The ressurection of our Savior Jesus Christ. A miracle. The same miracle I look forward to more than Christmas! To be with you! I can not wait! I love you son! And as grateful as I am that you are safe and protected where you are, i still miss you greatly and selfishly want to hug and snuggle on you every day! At 6:30 pm we will let go of 2 balloons in your sweet honor, the kids love this tradition. And ths morning Daddy and I went to the temple to feel the spirit and think and ponder about you. it has been a special day! Thank you for your great influence in our lives. We all love you dearly! Happy Birthday son!
XOXOXOX
Mommy
5 comments:
Tears dripping down my face make it hard to write! Happy Birthday sweet Drake! Love you guys and miss you.
That was beautiful Melissa. You are so strong. I am crying pretty hard, I can't even imagine going through what you guys have. Happy Birthday Drake!
I am sitting here with tears in my eyes! That was so amazing. You are such an amazing example. I love you and my heart reaches out to you.
a perfect post to a perfect little boy. It doesn't seem like two years ago. It is all still so fresh in my mind. Drake is an example to everyone. Happy Birthday Drake! We love you!!!!
Wow, what a powerful letter and what a great tradition to remember your son. I am so impressed by you Melissa and how strong you are because of what you went through. I can feel of your incredible strength and your love for your sweet son Drake! Thank you for sharing that!
Post a Comment