Friday, July 10, 2009

Opposition in ALL things

Ironic that my last post (posted this morning) was ALL about the FUN we have been having lately! WAKE UP CALL this afternoon. I was getting us all ready to go to El Paso (9 hour drive) to go to our nephew, Zachary's, baptism. We had come home from an exhausting morning at the pool and I told Daniel I was going to go and get gas in Debi's car. (we borrowed it a couple of time while she was on vacation and we needed to return it today). I was going to be gone for about a half hour--so I thought. I got out of the car and pumped my gas and went to get back in and the KEYS were LOCKED in the car. AHHHHHH! It is 105 degrees out there today, the hottest day of the year so far (just my luck)! And there was no little store to sit in where it was cool until I found help. And of course my phone and purse and wallet were all victims of this crisis! I realized 2 things--I do not know ANYONE'S phone numbers and 2, I was stranded. LUCKILY, I was able to borrow the gas stations phone and I called Brandon at work a bazillion times before he finally answered and he called Debi who was out of range. LONG story short--and 2 and 1/2 hours later and only $40, I was back in the car. Home, food, AC, SLEEP! Oh and lots and lots of water because my head was pounding and my face is fried! Thank you to the man at the gas station who gave the name of Dane's Wrecking. Thank you Dane. I guess there has to be bad days too and it's nothing a Dr. Pepper and Trutle Chex mix can't fix.


PS the SMART thing about the woman in the picture is that she is HOLDING her purse.

7 comments:

Webster Family said...

Poor you! I'll just be grateful today then that in Oregon--I no longer have to pump my gas so this can not happen to me--or at least at a gas station. I'm sure I'll double check anyway for awhile. :) Hope things keep going well for you guys!

Mardi said...

That just stinks. At least you didn't have any screaming kids outside the car with you, right?

Gleason Family said...

so no kids with you, right? That's a relief!!! I mean, if you want to find SOMETHING positive about that situation! :)

Anonymous said...

cool background...at least your day ended better!! believe me i drive WAY better when you are not in the car!

The Eckerd Family said...

SO not fun! I hate days like those...they happen to the best of us!!

cameron said...

oh dear - i have done that about 5 times since I've been married - though luckily I always have my phone. I also jsut call the police ot break in - it works every time. :) ps. I also left my car running by accident while i shopped in costco - glad it was there twhen i came out.

Sarah Nelson said...

Wow! The same thing totally happened to me a couple of years ago! Luckily, I was talking on my phone while filling up with gas so when I realized I was locked out, I at least had my phone. Thank you Becky for coming to my rescue and bringing me the spare key at my parents' house! The most embarrassing part about it was that it was a crowded day at the gas station and I had to keep telling people to not wait behind me because I was an idiot and locked my keys in my car.