Tonight our family got to participate in a really special event. We were invited to attend a remembrance ceremony hosted by the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society. It was held to honor and remember loved ones we know who lost a battle to cancer and in our case it was obviously, Drake. It was so humbling to see so many people of all walks of life at this event. Some who had children, woves, cousins, mothers and even best friends who had died of either Leukemia or Lymphoma. We met a family who lost their 2 1/2 daughter to Leukemia and ironically they live here near us. So we plan on getting together for play dates and all kinds of fun stuff. And tonight I told Brandon, I cant just stop thinking that the Lord sent us Drake so we can be better missionaries ourselves. We should be telling all of these sweet tender families who have suffered horrible losses of our knowledge! So we plan to be better about that! I know I will see Drake again and that is the ONLY thing that brings me comfort! We had to share a picture that will be put in a book and Brandon and I decided to put a family picture of us holding Drake in the hospital. Autumnw as really sad because Brinnley was not in that family picture and Jaxon yells, "well Autumn, when Drake is resurrected we WILL take a family picture of you and me and mom and dad and Brinnley, OK?" I really can not fathom a loss so great without our knowledge! We are so blessed and I am so grateful for the gospel! I am so grateful for wonderful experiences like these that help us keep Drake alive and I am so looking forward to our Light the Night Walk with all of our friends and family!
Wednesday, September 30, 2009
In Remembrance of Drake Baby
Tonight our family got to participate in a really special event. We were invited to attend a remembrance ceremony hosted by the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society. It was held to honor and remember loved ones we know who lost a battle to cancer and in our case it was obviously, Drake. It was so humbling to see so many people of all walks of life at this event. Some who had children, woves, cousins, mothers and even best friends who had died of either Leukemia or Lymphoma. We met a family who lost their 2 1/2 daughter to Leukemia and ironically they live here near us. So we plan on getting together for play dates and all kinds of fun stuff. And tonight I told Brandon, I cant just stop thinking that the Lord sent us Drake so we can be better missionaries ourselves. We should be telling all of these sweet tender families who have suffered horrible losses of our knowledge! So we plan to be better about that! I know I will see Drake again and that is the ONLY thing that brings me comfort! We had to share a picture that will be put in a book and Brandon and I decided to put a family picture of us holding Drake in the hospital. Autumnw as really sad because Brinnley was not in that family picture and Jaxon yells, "well Autumn, when Drake is resurrected we WILL take a family picture of you and me and mom and dad and Brinnley, OK?" I really can not fathom a loss so great without our knowledge! We are so blessed and I am so grateful for the gospel! I am so grateful for wonderful experiences like these that help us keep Drake alive and I am so looking forward to our Light the Night Walk with all of our friends and family!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
so sweet that Jax said that. We love you guys and little Drake. I love how you continue to find wonderful and positive reasons for this experience that you had in your life. YOU are seriously so strong and so amazing! (oh, and I didn't know that you said hi on facebook last night). Sometimes I forget to log off. :) Love ya!
you guys are an amazing family!
you guys are great! you've taught your kids so well, for jaxon to know about the resurrection at his age is incredible. hugs!
wonderful!!!!
Post a Comment