I must share this story:
Traditionally, when we move into a new house, the first thing we do is have Brandon dedicate it with his priesthood to be a place of safety, protection, and love. And tonight has been a true answer to that dedication 18 months ago.
It happened less than an hour ago and now I can not sleep, and my eyes are welled up with tears, of gratitude, although earlier it was fear.
Our smoke detectors began going off. Throughout the entire house. Loud, ear piercing. While Brandon was scurrying around the house, the thought came to perhaps do a fire drill, even of there was no reason to evacuate the house. I said a quick prayer and the spirit told me that it was not safe. "Not safe?" I thought, but I quickly let the thought pass as we were both evaluating the house to make sure there was no fire and that everything was ok. Jaxon had woken up and was lying in our bed. Brandon grabbed our broom and a chair and was trying to beep off the smoke detectors as it seemed as if they had malfunctioned. He was pushing the buttons with the broom and nothing was happening. So he tried the next one. Nothing. Our ears still ringing of this loudness. Finally, as if on their own, they just stopped blaring out. We both thought it was strange but we were grateful that awful loud noise was gone. I picked up Jaxon to take him back to bed and saw Autumn was sitting up in her bed. So I tucked them both back in and told them everything was ok. I walked down to the end of our hallway and had the strongest impression that we had just been protected. I said another quick prayer and asked Heavenly Father if there was anything we needed to do before we went back to bed and then I went back to our room. And I received an answer, have Brandon close all the windows and lock them. So I asked Brandon to do this. And he did of course. And I knew what had happened. Someone or something was tempted to enter our home. We had left the front windows open which made for a very easy access. And the smoke alarm went off to scare this person or thing away. Tears came flowing down my face and when Brandon came into the room, I told him the feeling I had had and asked him to say a prayer for us and he did. Then we laid there while I was crying and crying and I asked him what he was thinking and he told me that he knows we had been protected and that the Holy Ghost had told him that we were going to be safe. Then we just held each other close while I just kept crying and thanking Heavenly Father for our safety. Now I just have a million thoughts running through my head wondering what could have happened and I am truly sick to my stomach knowing that my three sweet children could have been in so much danger.
A miracle for our family, really. I am so grateful for the promptings of the spirit that lead and guide my every decision. I am grateful for the priesthood power and my sweet husband always living worthy to hold that power. And I am grateful for our guardian angels, even Drake, for watching over us.
9 comments:
Scary!
Melissa, you are constantly inspiring me. I sat and read your story wondering if during such a hectic and scary moment if I would be in tune enough to listen for the spirit. I wish you guys lived closer because you have such a great family it would be so fun to have you near!
Hey we got proteted on Sunday. We live on a country road where cars are alowed to go 55 mph. There are Dogs and electric fences. Spencer is at the age of running for the door at any opertune time. He somehow made it down the the busy road and down and to the house with the electric fence and the 2 bull dogs and was standing in the middle of the street when a neighbor found him. I have been thinking ever since what life would have been like if we would have lost him or had him in the hospital for some serious injuries. It makes me sick thinking about what could have happened especially with the fact that our good friends lost their daughter last year the same way and it has been so sad watching them go through the things that they have gone through.
We are so greatful and are getting a fence up this weekend. I know that he is still needed here on earth and I am going to enjoy ever cuddle, smile, and big open mouth bite/kiss that I can.
Wow Melissa! What a blessing the Holy Ghost is in our lives. Thank goodness for those promptings. I'm so glad you and your family were protected.
thanks for sharing! so glad you are close to the spirit - a def. blessing we have.
Oh how I love you and your family! Thank goodness you're in tune enough to stay safe. What a scary yet miraculous experience. You're my hero!
so scary. But I'm so glad that everything was ok. You and Brandon are amazing and are great examples to all of us! We love you guys!!!! (p.s... You DID NOT stay long enough when you were here.) I MISS YOU!!!!
Thank you for sharing this personal spiritual story. That is amazing that the Lord blessed you and I am glad that all is well. I am so thankful for the Gospel and for our knowledge of the power of prayer and spiritual revalation.
One of my all time favorite scriptures: Psalm 91:9 "If you make the Most High your dwelling, even the Lord, who is my refuge, then no harm will befall you, no disaster will come near your tent. For he will command his angels concerning you to guard you in all your ways."
So glad your precious family is safe!
Very scary, but inspiring. I'm glad you are all safe. I often pray to have that kind of guidance and calm in times of crises since I tend to freeze up in those situations. You are blessed!
Post a Comment