Saturday, November 7, 2009

Team in Training (TNT) Day 1



Apparently we were supposed to RUN today. Imagine that! FORTUNATELY, we were not given that information and told we would be attending a shoe clinic to be fitted for some good running shoes. The running part we either selectively did not hear, or truly was not told. Anyhow, shoe fitted we were. I fell in love with two pairs. One was a pair of Asics for $99.99 and the other was a pair of Mizuno for a whopping $134.99! AND of course, I loved the expensive pair. AND of course, the shoe expert said 2 pairs of shoes was a good idea for training (however he DID own the store and wanted more sales). A good pair of shoes is super important because of my STUPID ankle. Well I left the store with GREAT knowledge, but NO shoes. Of course, the cheapest woman alive was NOT going to spend that kind of money without looking for the deal first. SUCKERS!
Long story short, thank you to www.runningwarehouse.com I found BOTH of the shoes I was fitted for today and GUESS WHAT!?! I got BOTH of them for the price of the one at $134.99!!!! PLUS Free Shipping! Let me hear you say WOOT WOOT!!! They will be here on Wednesday and if for some reason they do not work out for me, free returns and they even pay for the return shipping! Props to online shopping!!

4 comments:

Becky said...

Hooray for the internet. Congrats. I am feeling so inspired I totally want to do a race now.

Angelavon said...

awesome. that's where i buy my running shoes too! they have amazing deals and good service.

cameron said...

can you work some buns off for me too?

Melissa said...

i'll try cameron! won't have that extra handful of m&m's I am craving--how's that for a start??