Monday, April 12, 2010

My Dearest Most Precious Son




Drake,
Three years and still not a day has passed when I did not think of you. You give me strength. And I give back to you endurance--to the end. You give me hope. I give back to you the desire to get through each trial. You give me faith. I give back to you the knowledge that I will be with you again. You give me Love. I give back to you my desire to be more Christ-like.
Your life here was short. Very short. Yet your legacy lives on in me forever. You have changed me. You have changed my life, my perspective, my everything and I am eternally grateful for you! When you were once the biggest trial I had ever faced, you are now the greatest blessing from the Lord that I could have possibly ever hoped for. And although there are still the days that I long to hold you, I know there will be the day where I do and it will be the most anticipated moment of my life coming to pass. And I can not wait my son, although I do. And I carry on. With this amazing family I have here on earth, your Daddy, sisters and brother. They give me so much strength too. You are my rock my sweet son and I love you! Happy Birthday! I miss you!

4 comments:

Sarie said...

Melissa, that is beautiful. xoxo

Anonymous said...

So sweet! You are both so blessed to have each other! Love you!

Stacy said...

Happy Birthday sweet Drake!

Melissa said...

Beautiful.