Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Half Marathon



Sunday, April 11. Marathon Day! FINALLY! My dearest friends were feeling my anxiety for the upcoming race and asked if I wanted them to walk with me and I excitedly said YES! And they did. No training. Now that's what I call friends! 13.1 miles wasn't long enough to be with them! Walking/running with these girls made the time go by fast! And we finished in an amazing 3 hours and 36 minutes! We were estimating it would take us over 4 hours so we were happy with that time! My ankle?? Well, my ankle wasn't enjoying this journey. I had it taped. Took some of the tape off. Had it retaped. Then took ALL the tape off and felt SO much better! We did most of our running after the tape was removed. I couldn't walk on it after the race, but the next day after being forced to ice it, it felt MUCH better and 2 days later, back to 100%. So I am a happy lady! Debi and Suzanne, an eternity won't be long enough with you two girls! Thank you for the sacrifices you and your precious families made to be with me this day! I love you forever!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm so sad you chose not to do it with me:( glad we all still had a positive experience.

Mardi said...

good job!

cameron said...

ok. so i will keep my sarcastic remarks to myself about it being on "sunday." hee hee... but YAHOO FOR YOU!!! I THINK PEOPLE WHO RUN 13.1 MILES IN A ROW ARE CRAZY! BEN FINISHED TWO ALREADY AND ALMOST DID ANOTHER ONE THIS SATURDAY. i get tired watching... hee hee.. you are awesome. though if i lived near you. i'd be tempted to do it with you.

Jordan and Crystal said...

what good friends!