This is me 3 days before Drake was born
This is me holding my angel after he had passedTo the World,
I have neglected a lot of you lately and please forgive me. I am beginning to feel guilt for this negligence but I just can't help it. You know I am on the verge of having a baby. A baby boy. And I thrilled to pieces for Maxwell to enter this world and be a part of my family. But with all of this excitement has brought upon me many bittersweet emotions of my Drake. Going through clothes that still had tags on them that I bought for Drake that were never worn. Coming across the letters DRAKE I had painted to hang in his room. And then taking the time to contemplate my life and the dramatic twists and turns it has made and how much I miss my little baby. I am not throwing a pity party, just remembering. Every emotion comes to the surface and today I cried. Really hard. And it felt really good. And I know these little spirits understand their mama and comfort me. I am ecstatic to have Max join our family but I just miss my Drake! And I feel so blessed to have my darling family and friends all around me buoying me up at this time. You may not even know that you have. But I am so blessed to have you! And so I will admit, I have been neglectful except to the necessities of life and so please forgive me. Just give me some time. And I love you for understanding!
Love
Your Friend
Melissa
This is where his precious body lays for time.
2 comments:
I LOVE YOU! Of course I will be understanding and hold your hand through it all. You can be as emotional as you want. You're pregnant. :) I know Max and Drake are together looking out for you. They love their Mommy!
Ok, I've never looked at your blog before, but got on it through Debi's. You just about made me cry. I'm so happy for you and Max. You are so blessed and it's ok to show some emotion in this life. It will be magnified in the next...in a good way! Good luck adjusting to the new little BLOND guy! :)
Post a Comment