Eight days ago we celebrated seven years of marriage. And today we celebrated Father's Day. I have taken a lot of time in this past week to think of all the reasons why I love you. There are the obvious things like: your good looks and hot bod, your a huge help around the house, you support me 100% in all that I do and so on. But when I dig a little deeper I start to feel emotional about the way I feel about you. Seven years ago, my life changed forever. After a brief courtship, I asked you to marry me and Autumn ;) and you had no good reason not to.
In these past seven amazing years, you have shown me the type of love that the Savior has for me. No matter what, you have been patient with me and forgiven me for my shortcomings. I have joked that you see me through rose colored glasses but in reality you have given me a glimpse of unconditional love also known as charitable love. Christ-like love. You do not judge me for my weaknesses and always acknowlede my strengths. I know that anything is possible with you by my side. We have had our fair share of trials and obstacles but there is not a day that passes that I am so grateful that we shared them together and that because of them, our love and relationship is so much stronger. My secret wish is that every woman in the world would find a guy like you.
I remember when we first started dating and were first married I was a very independent and strong willed woman. Don't get me wrong, I know I am still strong willed, but independent, no. And I am actually happy about that. My life, my body, my spirit has melted into yours and I can not imagine a moment without you!
You have been the single most amazing blessing in my life. You have given me 4 gorgeous children be and taken on the role of father to our Autumn. You have taught me to be more grounded and level headed and helped me in my personal struggles to be a better wife and mother. You are an amazing father to our children and we are so very grateful and blessed that you take your Priesthood responsibilities very serious. I love that at any given moment you are worthy and willing to give any of us a blessing and that you have chosen to live your life to be worthy of that. And I know there are many temptations to do otherwise but you are 100% committed to yourself, Heavenly Father and your family. I have always said I want to be more like you and I still feel that way. I am so blessed to have you as my partner in this life to teach me faith, hope and charity.
These have been the best 7 years of my life and I wouldn't trade them for anything. Seven years ago I would have never believed I would love you more than I did then, but I do! And I look forward to an eternity with you! Happiest 7 years to us and Happiest Father's Day to you!

1 comment:
He is amazing! Got all emotional reaing your post. You two are so good together! Happy anniversary!
Post a Comment