Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Moment of Silence

At school the kids do the Pledge of Allegiance to the US Flag and the Texas flag.  Then they have a moment of silence.  I have taught my other two kids that the moment of silence is a time to say a prayer for the day. 
I was teaching this to Brinnley.  I asked her if she heard the announcements say time for a moment of silence and she said yes.  I asked her if she knew what that time was for.  She said yes, silence.  Haha.  Then I said, well it's silent so you can say a prayer to Heavenly Father and Jesus for a good day.  She looked at me really funny and said, no Mom, it has to be SILENT!  I can't say a prayer!  That's not silent!  Silly me, I then taught her what it was to say a prayer in your head. Have you ever tried explaining that and demonstrating that to a child.  It was pretty funny.  Hopefully she gets it.....

1 comment:

Mardi said...

That's adorable. I didn't know they were doing that - Eli won't tell me anything. We will have to talk about this.. Thanks for the post.