Thursday, December 13, 2007
Christmas Traditions
Something I like to do for Christmas is buy an ornament for my kids that represent them in some way. Then when they marry, I will give them all their ornaments for their own Christmas tree. So far I have gotten Autumn a First Christmas ornament, the Angel of Autumn willow tree ornament, and the year Brandon and I got married and Brandon adopted her, I found a family of 3 ornament all holding hands. A Mom, Dad and little girl. Last year she got a big purple fuzzy one that says drama queen and this year I got her a frame with 2007 on it and put her Kindergarten picture in it. Jax has gotten the Baby's first Christmas, a baseball, and this year I found a dinosaur for him. I hope this is something they will appreciate as they get older. I am very sentimental and I love this tradition so far because the ornaments reminds me of so many things about them throughout the year. I like to find one for the family too and I found a frame ornament that had 2007 on it and on the top it said Miracle Gift. I, of course, HAD to get that one and put Drake's picture in it. I am sad this year that we do not have our own ornaments for the tree since we are living with Don and Carolyn. I love this time of year to decorate and bring out all the memories. I love Christmas!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
I love that idea. My grandma does that every year so I have all of mine and it brings back so many memories!
(To answer your question: we are living in Provo right now but we will be moving in the spring/summer.)
What a wonderful tradition to have with your children. It will mean more to them than you can ever know!
What a great tradition! I totally love that idea!! Thank you for sending all of the pictures!! I'm almost finished!
My email address is beckyataylor@gmail.com Email me sometime and we can get together!
What a fantastic tradition. I love it, and I am sure your kids will love it too when they get to take all of their ornaments.
Love the ornaments! I do it for my kids too! My parents did it for me and maybe someday our kids will do it too! We'll probably see you in California!
~Ellen
Post a Comment