Monday, December 3, 2007

So today I had my first doctor's appt. I was expecting to meet my doctor, but I just met with an assistant and she asked me a ton of questions about my history. She asked if I had any questions before she sent me to the lab for blood work. I asked her if a nurse could listen for a heart beat real quick before I left. She told me that the little fetus was too little to hear a heart beat with a doppler and she didn't want me to worry if they didn't hear one yet. I was a little sad, because I was hoping for a little reassurance. I went to this appointment by myself because we had to get Autumn from school and I realized, I am not emotionally stable enough to do this alone. Anyway, I went to the lab to get my blood taken and the assistant was down there before I got there. She told me that she talked with a nurse and that they would do an ultrasound to see a heart beat. She told me they could do it today, or later in the week. I was so relieved with that news. So I scheduled the next ultrasound which was in 45 minutes so I went home to get Brandon and he came with me. The nurse asked why i was getting an ultrasound so soon and I explained the situation with Drake. She was very sympathetic and paid particular attention to this little baby's heartbeat which was very strong. I got really emotional and I was thinking, "wow, this is just the beginning!" I am just so grateful for the reassurance. A tender mercy you could call it. So she gave us a few little pictures and called it our gummy bear. I just figured out today, that this new journey will be taken one little step at a time. And I think in my mind, I am preparing for the worst as a defense mechanism, but in my heart, I know everything will be fine. Drake is one in a million! Thanks for all your encouraging words of love and support! Couldn't get through all this without you guys!! Love you all!

No comments: