



Sorry if the pics gross you out. I knew I wanted to se the "damage" but I couldn't look while we were at the doctor's office, so I had my man take pictures.....
I went to the doctor today. Lots of news. First, guess how many screws are holding my bones together?????
14!!!!
In 2 weeks, all those staples come out and then 2 weeks after that, 1 screw comes out and that will leave 13. That's the simple math I am capable of right now.
14-1=13. And there is one long plate in there. The good news is the doctor said my bones were so strong that when he was drilling, my leg broke a drill bit. He said my bones were much stronger than he thought they would be. So who knows how the heck I ended up with this psychotic brake. Anyway, more good news, tomorrow I get a temporary handicap pass for the car. SWEET! And when I go to get the screw taken out, the doc gave me a pill to knock me out. I was really scared about that, and he took care of it for me. Also, I was sadly informed today that I would NOT get a gard cast. Many of you know that I was SUPER excited to get a hot pink cast. I mean under the circumstances I really had to be excited about something. Well Dr. Rousseau told me I wasn't going to get a hard cast. He told me I would be more comfortable that way. He said if I really wanted one, he owuld put one on, but I trusted his professional judgment. SO, INSTEAD he just wrapped it in the pink bandage so now it is HOT PINK, even thoug it is just a splint!! He's so awesome!
About that sweet wheelchair, my super dearest frineds bought that for me! Soon we will be able to go out and party! But I've still been a little too sore to go o ut and about much so far... They are so amazing! I LOVE my wheelchair! And I LOVE my friends!
7 comments:
Oh Liss, you are such a trooper! I admire you so much.
Yay!!! Pink heals all.
Owwww, that does not look fun. Enjoy the handicapp card and the pink cast. We will keep you and your family in our prayers!
ok i guess it is pink enough!
That looks so extremely painful. You are dealing so well with this---and having a new baby. I don't know how you do it.
HOLY CRAP. You did one HECK of a job on that one. You're going to have a gorgeous scar. And some major physical therapy. If you get frustrated of just need to talk, remember I've had 4 knee surgeries. Leg injuries can be real painful and frustrating. I'm here if you need me!
Lets hope that this is the extent of your extreme stunts. Thats gonna leave a mark! hee hee. you look great! even though you've got major stuff going on.
Post a Comment