Saturday, January 17, 2009

Goals Goals Goals



I know January is more than half way over, but this is the first time I have sat down to really think about what needs to change for this year--and here they are--12 of them, one to work on and improve on each month in no particular order:

10-Getting back in shape!! I am starting this whether my foot likes it or not. I have a whopping 40 pounds to lose--yuck! I have been going to a physical therapist in our ward. He doesn't practice anymore because of an accident he had that has given him restrictions, but he has helped my foot so much! I feel so blessed that he has been willing to help me out in this area of my life. I am almost walking limp free! Yay!!

9-Kneeling when I say my prayers--which is so hard to do when I am so tired. But I want to try so hard to do that!!

8-PERSONAL scripture study along with our family scriptures. I justify saying that since we read as a family, I am good to go. NOT TRUE!

7-Be more patient with my kids by not reacting or yelling....Need I say more??

6-Spend more time playing with my kids and getting more involved with Autumn's school. They are growing up so much and I am realizing how much I am missing! Hug and kiss them each as much as I can and make sure they know everyday how much i love them! They are my life!!

5-Continue once a week date night with my man

4-SAVE, don't spend!! Thanks to couponing, I am doing this much better!

3-Serve more willingly-and go out of my way once a month to help someone in need.

2-Learn a new talent or expand on one I all ready have.

1-When I do laundry-FOLD and PUT AWAY before the end of the day--petty, I know, but this is a serious problem of mine. I usually don't get around to putting the clean clothes away until all of our drawers are empty--not good!

Wish me Luck!

6 comments:

Gleason Family said...

I love your goals. And I know that they are yours, but, do you mind if I just sort of "copy" them? :) I'm right there with you on the laundry thing- I really slack when it comes to putting it away. K, good luck with all of your goals!

Rachel said...

I love the goals. I may need to copy them. I hear ya on the laundry. I never get it put away. I don't mind doing it but I hate putting it away.

Baez Family said...

You have a lot on your plate I usually try to do ONE resolution and you are working on ten! Good luck, your family is adorable!

Noel said...

I'm with you on the laundry thing! I hate laundry. As a matter of fact I should be doing it right now but here I sit! Love you!

cameron said...

GOOD LUCK! Just keep the amount of time and number of days realistic... that always helps me... but then again... i need short term and see results. I made 5 good ones for the year... we have some the same... well it think all of mine but one are on yours... :) though i'll admit.. i didn't even talk about laundry... :) ps. tell me more about couponing? i thought I'd try to get in habit of saving even more... i'm a bargain girl and just love dumping money in savings... such a good feeling... miss you!

TyBrit Boyce said...

Melissa, you are going to have to share with me how you do the coupon thing, are you at expert level because I am trying and I don't think I'm doing it right! I know some ladies who spend only $30 on a cart full of groceries!