Monday, September 14, 2009

Happy Family Home Evening

Mondays are the highlight of the week for the kids. Jaxon always conducts, "welcome to family home evening," and he can't really even say it. "Thank you for coming. Tonight we will sing Jesus Wants me for a Sunbeam, then Dad will say the prayer." We sing Jesus wants me for a sunbeam every week. I usually do the lesson on something we need to be working on like reverence, or honesty. Unfortunately those have been the lastest topics...So tonight, we did our normal scripture study and then surprised the kids by having them change their clothes so they could do THIS!





Brandon and I scored "cool parents" points (the chocolate icecream helped) and the kids cleaned up nice. Sleep tight kiddos!

7 comments:

nat said...

Oh my gosh thats awesome! haha! I will have to remember that activity.

Stacy said...

Heck yeah, cool parents! Everyone around here threatens against mud! Brinley looks pretty clean... she must be the girly girl!

Crystal and Jordan said...

cute!!! thats funny you sing the same song. Jordans family sang the same song growing up and they still do..."the golden plates"

Anonymous said...

So fun! You're such a COOL mom! I can't wait to ask the kids about it.

Rachel said...

We sing that song alot too! What a fun family night!

Gleason Family said...

so so fun! You guys are REALLY REALLY cool parents. :)

Sarah Nelson said...

So fun! Your kiddos are so cute!