So as you might guess we are having difficulties with our sweet little cowboy. Really-that smile of his doesn't get him out of ALL trouble. But I finally found a solution! I will save this for times when he is out of control-but I have started giving him writing assignments. And yes the one that says, "I will be nice!" he had to write 50 times! This was a particularly difficult day. He had no privileges to be with our family until this was done. The only thing he could do outside of his room was go potty. (He had to go an abnormal amount of times this day...) He received the assignment later in the evening near bed time and so I told him he couldn't come out of his room in the morning until it was all done. All 50 of them. #46 is my fave. He was either getting excited that he was almost done, or realllly mad at this point.
I used this technique on Autumn too. Her sentence was longer. She had to write, "I will be a good example" 20 times. I haven't had any problems with her since. She hates writing! All in all it's a win win! They get their punishment and practice their writing. I love it! Oh and when they whine and complain about this assignment, I add 1 sentence. Try it. See if it works for you!!
(PS I am happy to report that today was a MUCH better day with Jaxon!)


3 comments:
Sounds good to me! Ryan will love it! haha
Ooooh I hated writing sentences when I was litte! :)
win win for sure...
Post a Comment